Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful support last year in our partnership with the Autism Community Walk! We are walking again this year. You can give with any major credit card and it only takes 30 seconds. I appreciate it so very much.
The Autism Community Walk supports advocacy, research and outreach for families and individuals affected by autism and developmental disabilities, and to support organizations that support our community.
I've been in close contact with this charity for the past year and they are 100% legit. There's no black box - no unaccounted for funds. I understand that EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR goes to helping children and families affected by autism. Here's what they've done this past year:
- Passed in this crazy political year a bill that requires New York for the first time ever to determine how much autism is costing the state, which is essential to plan for the future and to wake the decisionmakers
- Successfully pushed the New York regents to create new pathways for students to earn a high school diploma without the need to take and pass Regents exams, which is and impossible hurdle for many students with autism and developmental disabilities.
- Pushed hard for bills now co-sponsored by 2/3 of the legislature reforming the ineffective system of investigating abuse and providing emergency medical care for the disabled residents of facilities under the jurisdiction of the NY Justice Center. Shockingly, the New York Supreme Court held that the Justice Center does not have the authority under the NY Constitution to prosecute crimes occurring in state facilities.
- Brought together the legislators in Albany who are parents of children with developmental disabilities to publicly call for an end to cuts and neglect of developmental disability issues.
- Advocating for funding to research causes and cures for autism and other developmental disabilities
If you know me well, you know that I am very careful about where I donate and whom I trust. These folks are the real deal and I am personally matching donations up to $1,000.
Thank you for joining me!