Summer is here and it seems like the only thing my family wants to do is swim! I can't blame them, so I join them whenever I have a chance to swim in the pool or in the waves at the beach. You can't say swimming without a feel-good smile, so I have decided to dive head first with Fit 4 The Cause's Summer Splash Swim Relay. In doing so, I’m raising money for this non-profit organization’s programs which provide exercise therapy for those who need it most and can’t afford gyms, trainers or physical therapists under normal circumstances. For your contributions, large or small, I’ve added some bonus content about the benefits of swimming (whether you in it for fitness or fun):
- It’s fun for the entire family – from babies to grandparents, swimming is a great social activity for all age groups.
- It’s perfect for every swimming personality, whether you’re a social swimmer who loves a swim and a talk with friends or a solitary swimmer who prefers to switch off and swim solo.
- You can work out as hard or as gently as you like, it's a great way to burn off calories.
- Swimming is a brilliant stress reliever.
- When I was pregnant, swimming was the ONLY activity that made my feet and back feel better.
Fit 4 The Cause and Miller Family YMCA
host the hottest and wettest fun-raising event of the year!
X teams participate in a 5000 yard relay swim at the Miller Family YMCA
August 20, 2016, 10am
320 Via Las Brisas, Newbury Park, California
More info about the event at our website
WHY GET WET?
Your support of our swimmers directly funds free fitness training programs for special populations. We keep our operational costs lower than most non-profit organizations and need your donations to keep our lights on. Our ongoing program development engages vulnerable children, adults and seniors with wellness education and fitness training. Working with low-income communities and social service agencies, we are proud to live at the non-profit intersection where fitness, wellness and medicine meet.
Brooklyn, Dylan & Taylor
Make us proud! We love u!!
Polly and Bill
Good luck on your fund raising!! We are proud of you!!
Keep up the great work