Last year my fundraising event for Fit4TheCause was the Camp Pendleton 10k Mud Run. This year I plan a cleaner approach-the ‘Summers Splash’5000 yard relay at the Miller family YMCA in Newbury Park California. Last year’s wonderful sponsors helped me raise close to $2000.
I will be swimming (ridiculous) 50 laps in Olympics size pool, gulp! On August 20, 2016, my teammates and I will vanquish the 5000 yard Summer Splash Swim Relay in support of Fit4TheCause. I hope my wonderful sponsors will help me raise at least $5000 this year.
Why do I keep pushing my body to its physical limits in support of Fit4TheCause?
- Because of the fitness events it produces throughout the Los Angeles and Ventura Counties which generate much-needed revenue for its many qualified nonprofit community partners
- Because of the nutritional classes it provides to the low income residents who live in assisted living facilities located in Thousand Oaks and Simi Valley and managed by Many Mansions
- Because of the exercise classes it provides to at risk teens who take part in the Breakthrough Student Assistance Program affiliated with the Conejo Valley Unified School District
- Because of the exercise classes and personal training sessions it provides to the fragile and physically challenged seniors who attend the weekly community classes at Depaz Energie Fitness Studio and who train at The Stadium
- Because of its aspiration to devote 70% of its gross revenue in support of its programming instead of subsidizing expensive offices, bloated salaries and bottomless expense accounts
Please help me help the one who helps so many Fit4TheCause (www.Fit4TheCause.org)
I will be swimming 50 laps in Olympics size pool!
How about pledging $50?
That's only $1 per lap!
And if you can add a little bonus for surviving and finishing,
I will have a bigger smile!
Fit 4 The Cause and Miller Family YMCA
host the hottest and wettest fun-raising event of the year!
X teams participate in a 5000 yard relay swim at the Miller Family YMCA
August 20, 2016, 10am
320 Via Las Brisas, Newbury Park, California
More info about the event at our website
WHY GET WET?
Your support of our swimmers directly funds free fitness training programs for special populations. We keep our operational costs lower than most non-profit organizations and need your donations to keep our lights on. Our ongoing program development engages vulnerable children, adults and seniors with wellness education and fitness training. Working with low-income communities and social service agencies, we are proud to live at the non-profit intersection where fitness, wellness and medicine meet.
I'm so proud of you, dad! You're incredibly inspirational and I admire you greatly. I love you so much!!
Thanks for doing this and good luck.
Karen L. schiltz
Thank you for doing this! I'll be thinking of you, as you swim those 50 laps
Go Loren Go!
Larry Payne Ph.D.
Great effort my friend!