This past year, I became a mama.
When I think of all the precious little children out there without a mommy or a daddy my heart aches for them. My whole life I have been a "pro-life" advocate. While it is SO important to protect the unborn and support the brave mothers in difficult situations, it is crucial that we are "pro-life" with the babies who actually LIVE and face their first birthday and beyond without the love of parents who want them or are able to care for them.
This year, my baby girl, Grace, turns ONE! Every year for my birthday (February 27th), I choose a special fund to support and this year, my daughter and I are joining forces :-). Since she has everything she needs (and more!), we are asking that if you planned on giving her a gift, would you give towards caring for these orphans instead? We would both be so grateful!
Even $5 matters.
One person can make a difference.
The Drop Box tells the story of Lee Jong-rak and his heroic efforts to embrace and protect the most vulnerable children in his city. This brave South Korean pastor installed a drop box on the outside wall of his home in order to welcome babies who would otherwise be abandoned on the streets. As a result, hundreds of babies have been saved.
Learn more about how God is using Pastor Lee to save these precious children and the amazing story behind the making of The Drop Box.
Could that person be you?
Your heart tells you to do something to help – you don’t want to forget and move on – but really, what can one person do?
Here’s how to get involved:
- Pray! Pray for orphans and pray for those seeking to adopt. As you lift them before the Lord, follow the guidance of Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer…let your requests be made known to God.”
- Give! Your donation to the Global Orphan Care Fund will help support Pastor Lee’s work in Korea, and provide funds for Focus on the Family’s efforts to help orphans here in the United States through our Wait No More program.
- Share! Use the links provided to share this story on Facebook, Twitter, email – wherever you connect with your friends, help connect them to this cause. You can even set up your own fundraising campaign. Click here to create your own page – it is quick and easy!
- See the film! ! Plan now to see The Drop Box film on March 3rd, 4th or 5th. This is a great way to raise awareness of this critical worldwide crisis. Talk about it at church and work. You can also support The Drop Box film event by buying tickets online. Purchase your own tickets and pray about buying more to share with family, friends and others who need to hear this message (discounts for 20 or more!).
- Welcome them home!God may be calling you to provide temporary care or a permanent home for an orphan. If you are feeling God’s call, you can get involved by clicking here (iCareAboutOrphans.org) or here to learn more.
Do something today …
Too often our good intentions get lost in the clutter of life. Don’t let that happen today. There are millions of orphans worldwide – one of them needs you. Please do something today before you leave this page.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” (James 1:27, NIV)
Happy Birthday Gracie! We love you!
|David & Audrey|
Love you guys so so dearly! Miss you and can't wait to see you on the 12th!!!
Cristina, I saw The Dropbox and was so amazed at what that man is doing!!!! What a wonderful thing you're doing too to support him with your daughter's birthday. I'm excited to help. I'll try to be at the party. Love & Hugs.
Thinking of you and smiling!
I just watched the trailer for The Drop Box movie. I have two awesome girls children adopted from China......and just watching the trailer brought tears to my eyes. How lucky I am to have them in my life. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!
It's great that you do this for your birthday and the video brought tears to my eyes. Happy birthday!